For such documents that I (might) need when not at the computer, I use Dropbox.  That way it's in several places at once, including on my phone (which is always with me).

It's free, up to small storage limits, adequate for that task. If I need to share something, I send the link (which if a large file, doesn't clog my LAN, once it's in the cloud).

73,
Rick nk7i