Don Wilhelm wrote:
Steve,

You might try ordering from Mouser - they state their export policy as
follows "Mouser exports to over 100 countries with no minimum order or
handling fee.  Go to www.mouser.com/terms for details and restrictions."

I have no experience, just passing the info.

I buy from Mouser often and they are real and yes they will mail to Europe at a cost equal to the actual mail cost. They carry EVERYTHING. I order by credit card on the Internet and they must be putting the order together as soon as I have it in their computer. I get delivery in 3 days. It takes longer to you I suspect.

Checked the catalog and they have standard old lead based solder in 1 pound spools. A couple of spools should be a lifetime supply :-)

73 Karl

73,
Don W3FPR