Two things I've noted with my KAT500 PC comms that you might want to
quickly check:

1.  More than once I've forgotten to stop the "KAT500 Remote" app before
running the KAT500 Utility app.  Since the Remote app is using the com
port, it has to be stopped first.
2. That plug in the rear of the KAT500 can get partially unplugged with one
more "click" needed to seat it fully and make it work.  If that is the
case, neither the Remote or Utility apps will be working.

These have both caught me a few times, hope it is one of them since they
are a quick fix.

73 de Chuck, WS1L

chandler...@gmail.com