...and remote control is working well K4-to-K4 in limited field test,
coming soon to open Beta test. A computer app "VK4" is coming after that.
It's the simplest remote control architecture in the industry -  fill in
remote IP address and password on the client side, 1 or 2 port forwards and
specify a password on the server side. It's a game changer.  A little more
complicated if the server-side ISP uses CGNAT but manageable by anyone who
has access to a teenage gamer.  ;-)

/Rick N6XI

On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 7:03 PM Jim Brown <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

> On 3/24/2024 4:15 PM, Kevin McQuiggin wrote:
>
> >> Comments from owners of k4D
>
> I've had mine for 18-24 months. Like it a lot. Compared to K3S, better
> filters, sound of the radio improved, thanks to what chips were
> available 16 years later.
>
> Only issue is RF feedback at rear panel 3.5mm jacks. I suspect it's
> because the style of switched jacks the industry has used since at least
> the '50s are no longer available, so they couldn't bond the shield at
> the point of entry and had to add circuitry to do the switching.
>
> And some features have yet to be implemented, like remote control.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

> Message delivered to rta...@gmail.com

Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA