FWIW: I see that regularly, in short bursts.  Midday, just watching 80 while otherwise occupied, those multiple very narrow carriers come up for anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two, and then disappear. Oddly, but thankfully, I'm not plagued with SMPS type noise ... well, except when I was trying to work TX5S.  I don't know what the carriers are from but they look like a steady CW carrier, not noise.

Any email list on mailman.qth.net will strip all but plain ASCII text. Emails sent in HTML likewise.  It's not Elecraft censoring anything, just the way the email list software is built.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County