You are right Jim... my comments weren't helpful and I apologise for making them.
Minutes after hitting the send the regret began.

I had installed the KNB2 a few years ago and it's just that I have not found
it to work even with impulse noise.  I had heard the demo sound file before
I installed the KNB2 and I have been frustrated that mine doesn't work as per the demo sound file indicates. I have also had conversations with others who
have had similar results.

I actually have been tempted to purchase a second kit and install it just in case there is a fault with mine, but I have since moved and now I don't have much
need for a noise blanker, so this idea was shelved a year ago.

The NB in my K2 won't even have any impact on noise that my PROII noise blanker and my FT-101Z noise blanker kills dead. However, in saying that I still sold my PROII because my K2 is a much better radio to listen to and the KNB2 doesn't detract from it being a first class bit of kit. In fact, after several years of
owning it this year it became my main station radio.

Regards,

Dave