Good Evening,

   It was a cool, partly sunny week.  Temperatures were warm enough for hummingbirds to actively defend the feeder.  New growth, a fresh crop of insects, and drier weather brought many new birds.  I expect to see the elk return to take advantage of the grass.

   The sun is active; three X class flares so far have caused RF black outs.  They have been arriving with an approximate 12 hour interval.  It looks like we can slip both nets in between them. There will be no shortage of ions to relay signals.  There will also be a wealth of QSB.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-

The great liability of the engineer compared to men of other professions is that his works are out in the open where all can see them.  His acts, step by step, are in hard substance.  He cannot bury his mistakes in the grave like the doctors.  He cannot argue them into thin air or blame the judge like the lawyers.