Good Evening,

   Some weeks nothing goes right, this was not one of them. Light rain then sun and mild temperatures.  More flowers and more birds.  Snow is melting above me so streams are full.  The ground was dry enough to let me check the forest.  I have much less damage than my neighbors.  Their trees are quite a bit younger, they snapped where green wood met more mature timber.  Clear growth assures trees will survive; any kinks or forks can be fatal to them.

   The sunspot number is low and the flux rate is lower too. However, the sun has been quite active this week.  There is still a possible earth effective flare from 3615.  I expect a more quiet band than we have had lately.  Less roaring.  There may even be less QSB.  But there should be no whistling from clouds of protons, or hissing from high speed electrons.  Just normal random noises with (hopefully) more ordered Morse code.  If the gaps in the noise are rhythmic enough you are easy copy :)

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-

Imagine sunrise on a toroidal planet.