Don,
That's not really a problem, as I would use the K2 for receive only. Transmit would be by the FT817, which is ok in transmit but lacks on receive. So, with a couple of receive only converters in front of the K2, should make an excellent satellite combo.
...Mike

Don Wilhelm wrote:
Mike,

The only pitfall that I know about is that the K2 frequency cannot be
changed while transmitting.  That is a problem for some installations, your
requiremnts may differ.

73,
Don W3FPR