To: "Jim Brassell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 9:34 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] VCO Alignment

Jim,

The most common source of problems with the PLL or VCO is a solder bridge on
the thermistor board.  There are other possible sources, but check there
first.  You can often get to the back of the thermistor board by removing
the front panel and the control board.

You intermittent display is most likely an unsoldered connection (or poorly
soldered) - usually on the front panel itself.

So check the soldering first, then re-check the soldering, and when that is
done, check the soldering - that is the most common failure and misplaced
components runs in second place.  Bad components are way down the list.

73,
Don W3FPR