Don -

Thanks for the reply. I checked as you suggested, T5 turns are okay, I looked the capacitors over good and resoldered all, okay. I do have the rework eliminators installed, and I looked them over good, seems okay. No real change. The strange thing is, when I first power up with the VFO set at 4000, I measure about 5.3 volts at R30 and it slowly drifts up. After 5 or so minutes it's at 6.3 volts and still climbing. I think the work I did before that I thought allowed me to adjust L30 really was a matter of me powering down to spread the windings on T5 and then powering back up. It's a clue, but I don't know what it means.

Steve - WD7M

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Wilhelm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Steve Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:13 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] VCO Alignment

Steve,

Check the number of red wire turns on T5 - count the wire as it goes
threough the center of the core - counting only the outside turns can
produce a numer that is one turn less than the proper number.  This sounds
like the sitation that occurs when there is one extra turn on T5.

If you find the turns on T5 are indeed correct, the next most probable area
to be investigated is the capacitors in the VFO Range Select area.

If you have installed the rework eliminators, be very certain you follow the
instructions for the rework eliminators carefully - the capacitors for the
VFO Range select area chnge with these instructions.

73,
Don W3FPR