I'm hoping for hopes, that Elecraft Inc. is seriously
considering a new TRANSCEIVER KIT rig for the future.
K3's and all sorts of K2 mods have been discussed
- probably overly so.  Having built and used (for
a short time) K2 #5422 this past spring, there's no
question to me, that the quality, thought, and
engineering that went into creating and supporting the
K2 - is nothing but outstanding.  No question ..

A veteral K2 ham related to me the difficulties
of making a K2 SSB rig work well, in the QRP
mode.  Bandwidth vs power and all that.

But it seems pretty evident that Elecraft should
seriously pursue creating a K3 base rig, with at
least:

    K3 HF Transceiver
    consider including VHF
    100W pep minimum included
    CW, SSB included
    .. then other options if need be
    a real NB
    DSP in the IF, somehow standard
    consider GP coverage in receive
    larger front panel, knobs and buttons
    LCD color base display
    KITTED product

I'm sure many of us would jump to buy one, and
probably many K2 owners too.  It's not being
disloyal to the K2 - it is just another notch
in one's belt, in one's arsenal of ham technology
gear.

If design staff is dear (precious) - hire some
contract RF HF designer(s) to do the major
legwork of the design.

9/2006 ---- the clock is a running
Dayton 2007 isn't that far away

Fred