Sorry, I just can not understand why that should be so. I have managed to heat very large toroid baluns to the point where wire insulation melted just by driving a 100 watts or so into an extreme SWR. Perhaps you are assumming a simple 1:1 choke balun? A 4:1 voltage balun can easily have extremely high circulating currents within the balun that will cook it in a hurry under high swr feedline conditions.

Don K7FJ

A balun wound on a toroid can have no more than 5% loss at 100 Watts. Just relax and use your antenna. It might be hard to load on 40 and 20 Meters but it should work ok.

73 Karl K5DI