My 2 cents worth is:  Theory is one thing and actuality is another thing.   I
use a 130 ft inverted vee, fed with about 55 ft of 450 ohm ladder line.  The
apex of the vee is about 65 ft up.  The ladder line stops at the eave of my
house, just outside the shack, where I use a 4:1 balun.  From the balun to the
homebrew tuner, I use a 7 or 8 ft piece of RG 213.  It works FB on all bands
from 80-10 m, including 30 m, and is absolutely the best all band wire antenna
I have used in my 51 yrs of hamming.  It works especially well on 75 and 80 m.
It would possibly work even better if I broke up (with insulators) the guy wire
which is almost parallel to one leg of the vee.  Also, the antenna is
surrounded by several trees which are 15-25 ft higher than the antenna.  I
guess the moral to this is, don't let theory stop you from trying stuff.

73, N4ym