This is nothing new but it bears repeating.
   I  had  the  day off today.  After replacing the wire in my 40m loop I
   made sure the K1 could tune up on 7/14/21.
   After  checking  15 and  hearing nothing I started the sending CQ with
   the keyer in repeat mode while cleaning
   the  shack.   After  about 20 minutes of calling with no answer, my RF
   must have pumped up the ionosphere to a
   point  where  contacts were possible.  I was answered by Sy, K6PWP, in
   Ventura CA.  Coast to coast on a dead
   band  at the bottom of the sunspot cycle while running QRP to a simple
   wire antenna.
   I  must  be  dreaming  - everyone KNOWS it takes lots of power and big
   antennas to make contacts.
   John
   WA8KNE
   Jacksonville, FL