>Friday as an F14 decided to make a great deal of noise over my house
performing some odd stunt.<

Hi, Kevin:

Are you sure it was an F-14 Tomcat?... ;^) ...If it really was, that is very
interesting...As far as I know, the Navy retired ALL F-14's several months
ago...They have been officially declared "decommissioned"...If it was an F-14,
I did not know the Navy stationed them at Whidbey and are still flying
them...My guess is that it was an FA18 Hornet, which also has twin engines and
twin vertical tail fins, but cannot sweep the wings...

The next to last F-14D (# 711) built by Grumman arrived here on Long Island
this past week...It has been loaned back to Grumman by the Navy and will be put
on a pedestal for permanent display at Grumman's facility...With the limited
presence Grumman maintains here, I cannot imagine where they are going to put
it...The F-14 is a big airplane...73

Jerry McCarthy, wa2dkg
Reftired Grumman employee and member of Grumman Retirees' Club...