W2KJ wrote

>The K2 sidetone is not as pure and "smooth" as the sinewave sidetone in my
>Argonaut V...

>This is really my only nit to pick on the K2...the sidetone
>generation....the rest of the radio is superb and my favorite portable rig.

For K2's with serial number > 3000 or upgraded earlier K2's, there is another
improved sidetone circuit here:

http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~matti/TF3MA/sidetone_tf3ma.html
It is important to have a 47 mH inductor with the correct series resitance
here, or to add resistance to it if it is initially too low.

I have done this mod and I can only say that it is well worth the effort even
for the upgraded K2's.

73

Sverre
LA3ZA