Sandy W5TVW wrote:

> Some segregation is almost demanded if the CW/digital operations
> are combined in a 100 khz. sub-band, no matter where it happens
> to be.  This is created by the fact neither mode "user", in many
> instances, is able to 'decode' the other's emission.

True, but I'm somewhat more troubled by the lack of discussion, concern, and formal comments on this issue regarding the ARRL's "Regulation by Bandwidth" petition now before the FCC (RM-11036). I think the comment period has closed, unfortunately. You can find it and what comments that have been filed at the FCC's website. If you want a copy of mine, email me direct. For the record, I am a long term member of the ARRL, will remain so, and nearly always find myself in support of its actions before the FCC. In this case, I am most assuredly *not*.

Just because two emissions have similar bandwidths does *not* imply that they can operationally coexist in the same spectrum, for a number of reasons. Sandy has pointed out one of them. It now appears that, for totally different reasons and in response to a totally different petition, the FCC has given us a real live laboratory to watch this happen.

"Beware what you ask for, you might just get it, although not in the manner you wanted it."

73,

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw