Tomorrow, due to heavy usage of both twenty and forty meters (aka Sweep Stakes), we will not be meeting for the Elecraft CW Net. The next week we see us all on the air and active. However, I know a few of you will be very active on the bands tonight and tomorrow. Good luck to you during the contest.

I, on the other hand, will only spend a short time on the air during SS. I got the last three sheets of drywall up only hours ago. I must restrain myself from putting up any more! I had not planned on covering as much acreage as I did but once you get going ... Now to get the last bit mudded, sanded, remudded, and sanded again. Then I'll get primer on all of it. Early this evening I said to myself, "I am going to get this part of the house done. Even all the plates on all the switches and sockets!" Well I guess I've dug a hole for myself with that statement ;) This will allow me to move into a new work area and only have to cover my gear for the next renovation project instead of moving it all multiple times to get more work done.

I did get my soldering iron hot this week! More parts are going into a circuit and I hope to do a little bit more for a reward for all the drywall sanding. I did get some circuits and PCBs designed, some software written, and a bit of theory beaten into my brain. Hopefully my neural net gadgets will get wired up sometime in 2007. Somewhere in there my robots and radio pursuits will merge. In 2001 I got my ticket so my robots could have better comm gear. I was lead astray! My robots have languished since then except for a few paying gigs. Hopefully that hiatus will soon be over.

Remember, no nets tomorrow. I wish you all well during your pursuit of very large numbers with very low power. I'll try to stay dry and warm. The weather has been typical Oregon winter. The rain is less in the valleys but my nephew was shocked when he came in around 1 PM today. It was gray in Vancouver but pouring here. We are only a few miles away as the crow flies but worlds apart in terms of weather.

Take care,
   Kevin.  KD5ONS