Well... I didn't set any records this year, BUT I didn't do too badly either. I was tickled that my body (still) allowed me to operate virtually the entire available time... first time in a number of years I've felt like doing so.

Conditions were decent... not terrific (no 10M at all!), but still had a good time...

It was GREAT to work so many Elecraft friends this weekend, and seeing so many of them doing so well in the SS...which is my VERY FAVORITE contest of all! I'm sure several folks kicked my butt, but I still had lots of fun.

The K2 performed as anticipated.. PERFECTLY! I ran with XFIL #2 (1KHz BW) about 80% of the time, 4000 Hz BW about 15% and maybe 200 Hz BW the rest. I still prefer to let my ears do most of the 'signal sorting' for me.. also helps to let me catch those other ops who still haven't mastered the art of ZERO BEATING and who persist in calling many hundreds of Hz off-freq. Few were missed as a result... MANY would have been missed had I used the 400 Hz filter most of the time.

73, Tom Hammond   N0SS

                 SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 04-Nov-06, 05-Nov-06, 06-Nov-06

    Callsign Used : N0SS

 Default Exchange : # Q N0SS 58 MO

             Name : Tom Hammond
          Address : 5417 Scruggs Stn Rd
   City/State/Zip : Lohman MO  65053
          Country : United States

   80CW      254         253        506      11
   40CW      231         231        462      35
   20CW       81          81        162      16
   15CW       85          85        170      15

 Totals      651         650       1300      77

    Final Score = 100100 points.

  I have observed all competition rules as well as all
  regulations established for amateur radio in my country. My
  report is correct and true to the best of my knowledge.  I
  agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards Committee.

 Date: 6 Nov 2006  Signed: //Thomas S Hammond  Call: NĂ˜SS