Joe,

To generalize - 'roofing filter' would be placed right after the first mixer
for best effectiveness to strip off extraneous mixing products.

The K2 is a single conversion design and the IF filter is placed right after
the first mixer (there is a post-mixer amp there for good dynamic range) -
so it serves both as the IF filter and the 'roofing filter'.

In other words, yes a roofing filter 'does not compute' for a single
conversion design.

73,
Don W3FPR