Cathy,

I really have not had any problem using the headphone output - I have always
found that the AF Gain control on the K2 could be advanced sufficiently to
overdrive the sound card line-in.

You may want to look at something like the K2 Fixed Audio Output that I have
on my website http://w3fpr.qrpradio.com . I have a few boards left, but no
kits.

As for setting up the RTTY filters, my recommendation is to set FL1 just
like the SSB filter, FL2 at 1.00, FL3 at 0.70 and FL4 at 0.40.  Center FL2
thru FL4 on 1000 Hz.  In operation, you use the VFO to place the desired
signal near 1000 Hz, then you can narrow the filters if a strong signal
comes into the passband and activates the AGC - reducing the receiver
sensitivity.  Running PSK31 with AGC off is often a better way to operate.
BTW - lock the transmit frequency in your software if you use other than the
FL1 filter to keep the QSO from creeping up or down the band due to slight
differences in the audio pitch between filters.

73,
Don W3FPR