Hi,
First, I took Don Wilhelm;s advice about checking soldering and re-did
anything I could find that looked dubious.

Now, I've come to peak the IF amplifier.
It seems to me that a signal just gets louder when I turn the slug
counter-clockwise until it hits the stop and quieter turning the slug
clockwise. If there was a peak, it was a really shallow one.

I followed the instructions and could hear the internal birdie quite
well, so peaking should not have been difficult.

Any suggestions, please?
Thanks.
--
David Dawson