Hi Gang

I just came back from the local electronics superstore with a USB to 2 port

serial converter made by SIIG. My aim was to get rid of the usb to serial

converter pigtails cluttering up the place. The new usb-to-serial converter

won't work with the K2. It works fine with my FT-990. And I have tried

switching the ports (IE  port1 to 990, port 2 to K2 and vice versa). During

all tests the FT-990 communicates fine with the computer but the K2 does

not. The K2 seems to work fine when plugged back into the USB-to-serial

pigtail from a different manufacturer. There may not be a solution to this,
but

I thought I'd give the brain-trust here a crack before I box the thing up
and

take it back to the electronics superstore...that is a 3 hour round trip.

                        Any ideas??       Fred  N9TA  K2# 4502

PS: I have tried switching com port numbers in windows XP.

       I have Windows XP Media Center Edition.

       And I am using Logic 7.0 for logging and Ham Radio Deluxe for fun.

       Neither Logic or HRD will communicate with the K2 through the new

       USB to Serial gizmo.

       The new usb to serial gizmo claims to work with durn near anything
and

       lists "Built in 16550 UART with 16 byte FIFO buffers"...whatever in
the

       heck all that might mean.