I would not advise using any USB serial adapter with the KIO2. The KIO2
output is not a standard serial port. There is an AUXBUS output on one of
the pins. I seem to recall that a few people have damaged their K2s by
using "standard" serial cables that had something else connected to this
pin. Do you know what is connected to this pin on your USB adapter?
--
Julian, G4ILO K2 #392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com

"Fred Bennett" wrote:
Hi Gang
I just came back from the local electronics superstore with a USB to 2 port
serial converter made by SIIG. My aim was to get rid of the usb to serial
converter pigtails cluttering up the place. The new usb-to-serial converter
won't work with the K2. It works fine with my FT-990. And I have tried
switching the ports (IE  port1 to 990, port 2 to K2 and vice versa). During
all tests the FT-990 communicates fine with the computer but the K2 does
not. The K2 seems to work fine when plugged back into the USB-to-serial
pigtail from a different manufacturer. There may not be a solution to this,
but I thought I'd give the brain-trust here a crack before I box the thing
up
and take it back to the electronics superstore...that is a 3 hour round
trip.