To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 12:00 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Com port problem

I'm using the com cable that I made when I constructed the KIO2 and
I left out ALL but the standard RS232 connections when I made the cable
(as per the instructions).
I returned the usb-to-serial box this morning....so the immediate
problem is solved. With a little research I've found that the "Keyspan"
brand of 4 port usb-to-serial gizmos seem to win ham cudos. Seeing as
they cost about $130 I think I'll ask Santa for that one.

I wonder when ham manufacturers will drop the durn RS232 ports and
pick up USB. It seems that it is WAY past the time when this should have
happened!!  I wonder if ELECRAFT might decide to lead the pack with a new
option....say KUSB2?? The problem with that is Elecraft has designed
in the need for RS232 by using the same cable for other modules such as
the QRO tuner.

                     73....de....Fred  N9TA