Just finished building the KSB2 and installed it into K2 S/N 5654.

Everything seems to function properly. The audio quality sounds good and I can get up to 15 watts output on 20 meters.

I checked the DC voltages, to have as a reference for the future. All the voltages are within 10% of the values in the chart on page 23 of the KSB2 Manual except for three of them, and they are way off.

Voltage Readings:

U1 pin 28:  Reads 5.6 V in RX  and  5.5 V in TX (instead of 2.4 in TX).

U1 pin 16: Reads 6 V in RX and 3.1 V in TX (instead of 5.4 in TX).

U1 pin 17: Reads 6.0 volts in RX and 4.1 V in TX (instead of 5.6 V in TX).

The voltages at U2 pins 1 and 8 are also 4.1 V and 3.1 V respectively in TX since these points are connected to U1 pins 17 and 16.

I looked at the RF modulation waveform at RFC13 (on the RF board) with a spectrum analyzer and it looks good in both USB and LSB.

I have no other symptoms of improper operation, except for the voltage readings being way off. Anyone know what is going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Henry
WA2IRQ