Mike,

First, count the number of turns on L4, L5 and L6 in the KPA100 - count the
turns that go through the center of the core rather than the outside.  An
extra turn on these windings would produce the Hi-cur on 30 meters.

How old is your KPA100?  If the kit was ordered mid-2005, then you may have
the inductive resistors at R19 and R20 - that problem usually appears at 20
and 17 meters, but occasionally shows up on 30 meters as well.  You can
obtain replacement resistors from mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] .

I don't think you have 'zorched' the PA transistors.  If the turns on the
KPA00 low pass filter toriods are correct and all the C3x capacitors are
correct, you may want to install the KPA100UPKT and see if that brings
things under control (that upgrade kit does include new R19 and R20
resistors).

73,
Don W3FPR