Bob,

Unlike other radios (Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, etc) that have their own method
of wiring the mic jack and make it inconenient to impossible for the user to
change it, the K2 has a microphone configuration header so you can rearrange
the mic jack wiring to suit any 8 pin microphone configuration.  The
information for the wiring required is in the KSB2 manual.

Yes, an Icom mic can be used on the K2 - connect the microphone
configuration header for the Icom wiring and in the case of the the electret
type mic elements, add a resistor from the AF mic pin to +5 volts.  Most
mics suggest a 10k resistor, but usually the other end of the resistor is
connected to an 8 volt supply - the K2 supplies only 5 volts and a 5.6k
resistor is more appropriate.  In the case of Icom wiring, the resistor
connects between pins 1 and 2 and the mic header has a jumper from the 5V
pin to pin 2.

73,
Don W3FPR