Hi Eric --

Since I have a Heil ProSet with the HC5 element, and I get outstanding reports with it on Kenwood and Yaesu rigs -- my question is, if I connect it to a K2, will the 8 dB difference in output level cause any problems, or is there enough residual mic gain in the K2 to make up for it?

Bill W5WVO

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:
Hi Bob,

The Heil iC elements work perfectly with the K2. They use the same
element that we used in the MH2.

(As a side note: The Heil HC4 and HC5 elements put out about 8 dB less
than the industry standard used by almost all other ham radio
manufacturers, hence the low gain reports in some instances.)

If you want to use the standard Elecraft 8 pin mic connector set up,
which allows you to jumper straight across on our mic configuration
header, you will want to request the Kenwood style cable from them.

I'll give Heil a call and request that they re-title the ic
microphones as compatible with Elecraft too :-)

73, Eric   WA6HHQ

Solosko, Robert B (Bob) wrote:
I found that Heil now has several electret mikes
(HM-iC, iCM, etc.) which they say gives higher output, but they also
say these work only for ICOM radios... Does anyone have experience
with these mikes?  And why are they "only for ICOM radios"?
Bob W1SRB