I was interested in WA5ZNU's recent post about tri-state and side tone
levels on the KX1.  Can't claim to understand it completely-I am a lowly
biologist.

Anyway, I have been interested in building some version of a visual zero
beat detector that uses a PLL tone-decoder IC for use with the KX1.  I have
read about the K2 guys using N0SS's PC board version of the circuit designed
by KR5L.  Has anyone tried it (or the Jackson Harbor Press kit, or any such
similar) with the KX1?  Is the side tone too fuzzy/harmonically rich to make
it work?

TU es 73,

Eric

N0HHS