Could someone give me the voltage that should be read of each legs of Q3, U1 and Z1 on RX please ?!?!?

Le 07-01-11 à 21:25, Siu Johnny a écrit :

Hi Jean,

First of all, I have to admit that I am not an expert and would suggest you contact Gary of Elecraft.

From what you describe, you are ok on tx. Then you should concentrate yourself on RX route. Check all the soldering points around U1and K2 areas first and then followed by later stages in the RX route e.g. ADEX-10H etc

If you have a good attentuator such as AT1, input a weak weak 50Mhz signal (or noise generator) at the antenna port J1 via the RF attentuator. Use another 50mhz receiver with a RF probe to trace the signal along the RX path to see whether there is a break in the signal path.

Remember, use an RF attentuator in front of the antenna port

73

Johnny VR2XMC

From: Jean-Fran鏾is M閚ard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] XV50 problem is worst ! Need help.
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:45:14 -0500

Hi to all,

Last week, my transverter XV50 was unable to receive properly... Only a small voice in the background... no S unit... the guy normally give me 10 or 20 over S9... After a new alignment procedure, I was unable to peak R13 to the desired level. I was unable to get more than 0.043 V. So my conclusion was that Q3 is dead.

I received a new Q3 transistor. Now it is installed. I did another alignement. Now with Q3, I can peak R13 very easy to the target of 250mV. Note that before and now, my TX is still perfect. So no trouble with TX.

But even after Q3 changed.... it is worst. I do not receive anything at all... not even a small voice in the background.

If I listen to the background noise.... with or without antenna, it is the same. On the receiver input aligment, my noise generator did not make any difference ON or OFF.

So I really don't know where to start now. I don't have very much experience in finding trouble.

If someone could coach me where to start, I will really appreciate... :-((

Thanks for your times.

与联机的朋友进行交流,请使用 Live Messenger; http:// get.live.com/messenger/overview

Jean-François Ménard / VA2VYZ
Elecraft K2 #4130 KX1 #999