Please refer to Appendix B- trouble shooting of the XV owners manual. 73 Johnny VR2XMC

From: Jean-Fran�ois M�nard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] XV50 problem is worst ! Need help.
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:44:17 -0500

Could someone give me the voltage that should be read of each legs of Q3, U1 and Z1 on RX please ?!?!?

Le 07-01-11 �� 21:25, Siu Johnny a 茅crit :

Hi Jean,

First of all, I have to admit that I am not an expert and would suggest you contact Gary of Elecraft.

From what you describe, you are ok on tx. Then you should concentrate yourself on RX route. Check all the soldering points around U1and K2 areas first and then followed by later stages in the RX route e.g. ADEX-10H etc

If you have a good attentuator such as AT1, input a weak weak 50Mhz signal (or noise generator) at the antenna port J1 via the RF attentuator. Use another 50mhz receiver with a RF probe to trace the signal along the RX path to see whether there is a break in the signal path.

Remember, use an RF attentuator in front of the antenna port

73

Johnny VR2XMC