Hi Jim and all,

Not sure what you mean but could the following be your problem?

Say you set the K2 to USB and configure FL4 centered on 1000 Hz when you are
configuring the filter.  Then when your VFO is set to a center frequency of
7070.5 (as seen on the LCD), your PSK signal will be seen at 7071.5.  That
is because with USB the signal is transmitted on the upper sideband which is
set for an offset of 1000 Hz higher than the center frequency.  With USB the
center frequency is not transmitted.

I run into the same problem testing PSKMail in the USA, which hopefully can
become an alternative for Pactor III.  Some one sets up a server on 40
meters and gives the frequency so others can try to connect.  The standard
is to specify the frequency of the upper sideband.  But many hams don't know
the difference and just give the frequency shown on their radio's LCD, and
no one can connect because the server is initially not transmitting and you
can't see a signal on the waterfall.  If you don't know the offset of the
filter on the guy's radio, even though you know the center frequency, you
don't know the exact frequency of the server (which is on the upper
sideband).

I hope I didn't confuse everyone on the list.  Its easier if you drawing it
on a piece of paper.  Or specify the frequency shown on the waterfall as
this takes into account the audio offset.

I have run the same test with someone running a PSKMail server.  When they
transmit for a second, and I see a signal about 1000 Hz higher in frequency,
I know they have specified the wrong frequency.

Steve, W2MY