David,

If you ever get the opportunity try out a receiver which uses G3SBI's H-mode mixer up front followed by a > +40dbm IIP3 IF / filter strip, same principle but improved 'numbers' with the linearity of tuned circuits and IF filters now becoming the limiting factors in receiver IMD performance.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

David G3UNA wrote:

The G2DAF receiver did it for me when he demonstrated gain and s/noise ratios. A friend built that rx and it was completely different to others I had listened to. If I remember rightly he had no gain in the front end, only matching to the antenna and input filters; all the gain was in the IF.

David
G3UNA