If you have binocular vision (both eyes work together and almost equal corrected vision) I think you'll find an Optivisor to be superior to the Mag Lamps. It is a headband with lenses that can be lowered over your current eyeglasses. If you get about an 8" working distance,you can solder and see the smallest of solder "bridges". Its also fairly comfortable.
Just google optivisor, they have some off brand copies for about $20.

73
Larry
WA2DGD

I have learned that the "helping hands" I got from Radio Shack do not provide nearly enough Magnification nor any illumination of the PCBs and components for kit building. In building the K2, I have made numerous soldering errors due to the fact that my vision is not as good as it used to be. Any information out there on where a good MAG LAMP could be had. What brand name, company, etc.. Or web site address.
Preferably one under 100.00 dollars.  Thanks. Dennis Vavra, AD5LY