Actually, the 9834 is now spec'ed to 75MHz. Problem is
finding oscillators.

It happens to be the very same DDS in the KD1JV ATS
radios and a few folks have already swapped DDS chips,
changed the oscillator, modified the DDS filter,
changed the firmware and put their rigs on higher
bands--12M being the highest due to Nyquist
considerations.

So yes it could be done, but you would have to write
new firmware for the KX1 and somehow grow some more
space for the extra filters and relays that are gonna
be neccessary. I don't see it as being practical.

-mike/w1mt

--- Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy