I have the KBT2 battery mounting hardware for my K2, but so far no battery.
The Elecraft 2.9 AH gel-cel battery costs $30.00. Unless someone convinces
me, I don't see any point in transporting a battery across 9 time-zones,
when similar batteries seem to be available locally.

But that's the question, is a battery a battery? I can get a 2.6 Ah battery
with the same measurements for about $15.00 (NOK 90) from one vendor and I
can get another one for about $40.00 (NOK 260 - Asahi, Made in China). I
would guess that these batteries may have different life expectancies, but I
can live with that.

But, do I take a risk with my K2 if I install the cheaper battery - leakage,
explosion ..., i.e. what should I look for?

73

Sverre
LA3ZA

Unofficial Guide to K2 Modifications
http://www.qslnet.de/member/la3za/K2/mod.html

It has removed 4290 spam emails to date.
Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com