Sverre,

The only thing I can say is that the battery used in the K2 is a Panasonic
(1229 I recall), and would be built to whatever quality standards and
considerations that are characteristic of that manufacturer and battery
line.

Certainly with any battery there is a risk of leakage, explosion, etc., but
most SLA batteries are pretty rugged.  While I cannot make any real
recommendations, it sounds like you know what to look for in terms of
battery safety aspects, so read the specifications and literature for those
parameters and base your decision on that research.

73,
Don W3FPR