Hello to the group.

I am currently working through the Alignment and Test, Part II and have run into the following issue. When I perform the BFO Test, I don't get the proper range. The set of values I get are:

BFO High Freq.: 4917.31 kHz
BFO Low Freq.:  4916.97 kHz
Range: 0.34 kHz

The documentation states that if the BFO range is less than 3.6 kHz, the varactor diodes (D37 and D38) or the crystals (X3 and X4) may be incorrect. However, I've verified them and they are correct. I've also gone around looking for bad soldering (cold joints or bridges) and didn't see anything obvious. I've checked the resistors and capacitors in the BFO section and they appear to be correct.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I should look next?

73,

Craig AC6NN