-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2007 7:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K2 to antenna Power

Bob,

That technique is often done to switch relays, so yes it can be used in the
presence of transmit RF voltages.

Basically the way it is done is to capacitor couple the RF to the coax at
both ends (a series capacitor) and feed the DC to the coax through RF Chokes
sized to have at least 10 times the coax impedance at the lowest operating
frequency.  The capacitors must be large enough to have a low impedance at
the operating frequency and their voltage rating must be large enough to
withstand the peak RF voltages present - all with adequate safety factors (3
is usually good) considered.  Note that none of these parameters relate to
the control voltage or current - of course the RF chokes must be able to
handle whatever current is required for the control mechanism.

I do not have a handy reference to a schematic, but that is the 'jist' of
how it is accomplished - the capacitors keep the DC voltage off the
transmitter and the antenna and the RF Chokes keep the RF out of the control
signals.

73,
Don W3FPR