Tom,
That is an interesting idea.
I just ordered a W1 myself. after I get it working as designed, I am thinking
of mounting the RF connectors and sense transformer in a Pomona or Hammond
enclosure, and bringing the sigs to the board via iso bnc connectors. Looking
at the schematic, I will probably tap at the R1/C1 and R2/C2 connection,
leaving R1 and R2 with the transformer side.
There is ample room to play.
-Pete
wd4lst

> From: "Tom Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2007/03/06 Tue AM 08:03:07 CST
> To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
> Subject: [Elecraft] W1 stand
>
> I own most of the Elecraft Mini Kits and up until now I haven't found any
> need to put them in an enclosure. However, since I've built the W1 Power
> Meter - that has changed. The W1 is just too awkward to use as it is. Every
> time I used it I would look for a convenient place to lean it. Even then, it
> would somehow end up landing on one scary place or another.
> In my apartment there is a metal picture stand that is vertical and slanted
> back a little for easy viewing. Hmm, it was a little too big for the W1
> since it was designed for a size 8 X 5 print. I went to Staples and found
> what they call a "slanted sign holder" 3.5" X 5" (Model 69401SUS (I couldn't
> find this number in their on-line store)). On the store receipt it said the
> SKU was 079916015552). Anyway it's made of clear Plexiglas and although a
> little too wide, makes for a fairly decent stand for the W1. If you mount
> the W1 so that the battery case bottoms out it will make the stand a little
> sturdier. Actually, I mounted mine a little too high and used rubber feet
> mounted on the bottom of the battery case. I used threaded plastic
> stand-offs at the top and another next to the left bnc connector since the
> bottom hole is too close to the angle of the stand. You might want to add
> extra weight to the base.
> Although this is not a perfect solution, it works for me.
>
> Tom, AK2B
>
> Oh, and as usual, the W1 is of excellent quality, simple to build and
> accurate. Par for Elecraft!

Pete Axson
WD4LST
17901 NE 18th Ave