Larry,

A kit is a great idea!  Avoid temptations for an instrument that tries to do
everything and ends up doing many things poorly.

I had hopes that the AMQRP Micro908 kit would be a better replacement for my
MFJ259, but alas, it is very inaccurate for impedances that vary much from
50 ohms resistive.  IMHO, its bridge needs a total redesign to make it a
useful instrument.

Of course, the N2PK VNA should be a great instrument if I can ever get
around to completing it, but it is not a tool to use at the top of a tower -
it needs the computer attached to be useful.

73,
Don W3FPR