Thanks Don,

I have discovered that for this to occur it requires that I hit the dash paddle at nearly the same instant as the dot paddle. It is very infrequent. I will try to check this out further. It may happen once every 50 tries.

Todd, WA7U

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Wilhelm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Todd J Gahagan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Elecraft List" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 5:43 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Strange occurence when paddle key is used when in SSB

Todd,

The dot paddle line is the same line as that used for PTT - so you can
activate PTT by holding the dot side of your paddle (handy with a desk mic), or the other way around, if you are operating CW, you can use the mic's PTT
button to send a string of dots.

If you just touch the dot paddle once and the K2 locks into transmit, there
is something else going on that should be investigated.

73,
Don W3FPR