Ben Hofmann K1NT wrote:
I am experiencing key clicks on the sidetone with my
K2 and newly installed KPA100.  They occur only when
power is >10w regardless of whether in test or operate
mode, and only when the key is released, not when
pressed.

I have found reference in the archives to a similar
issue, where a change in value of C71 and C72 on the
KPA100 solved it, but these posts mention a relation
to the KDSP2 as well which I don't have.

Any thoughts?  Should I go ahead and change the value
of C71 and C72, or does my lack of KDSP2 indicate that
I have a different problem altogether?

Do not change these components. I removed the modification when I installed the latest KPA100 mods, because I am not sure that it does not make the problem worse with the new KPA100 revision.

What I suggest is trying it with the menu parameter '8r hold' both on and off and see which is better. Also see if it is quieter with t-r delay set to 0.02 or 0.03 rather than 0.00.

Some people have this problem, some don't.

I have acquired parts, and plan to complete (but
haven't yet) the faster QSK mod, as well as the TF3MA
sidetone mod.  Hopefully neither of these will
inter-relate with the solution to the clicks.

The QSK mod won't help with the clicks that appear with the KPA100 on. If you go too far, you will introduce a different sort of 'artifact'! You can't really do too much in terms of speeding up the QSK, unfortunately.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco