I've been using the barefoot K2 to drive an Alpha 89 amp to a full 800W
actual
output power.   The amp uses pin diode switching and is  virtually silent
except
for a small bit of fan noise.

But when trying to drive a Yaesu Quadra amp I can only get around 250W
output.     The Quadra amp is a very loud, noisy  amp with relay switching.
Although its been  very reliable with no failures, at least for  me.

If Elecraft ever actually gets an amp to market,  it would be worth  taking a
look at.  Especially if the amp uses pin diode switching and they are  able
control the fan noise to be something reasonable.   But just like  the
Quadra amp,  it would no doubt require a higher drive level than a  barefoot
K2
if you want a decent output level.

Hopefully Elecraft will come through with an amp kit this year.
As its been a long time in the works.

Frank W7is