Pierre,

The presence of RFC10 inside the KPA100 could cause a parasitic oscillation on 40 meters if conditions were right and there was RF pickup into the KPA100 from the choke. The T-R switch area was re-designed and as part of that re-design, RFC10 was removed.

If you need a static drain, the most effective place for it is at the antenna or the feedline entry to the shack.

Should you wish to add the latest upgrade to your KPA100, the KPA100UPKT is available from Elecraft.

73,
Don W3FPR

Pierre Desjardins wrote:
Hi,

I built the 100 W PA about 15 months ago. There was a choke across the antenna jack at J2, to prevent build-up of any static charge at the antenna jack.

However, I see in the latest manual of the PA that this choke is not shown.

Any reason for it?

73 de Pierre

K2/100 # 5170