Gents;

I'm in the process of relearning how to use a paddle, having only gotten the feel of a Vibroplex keyer three decades back from an old pal. I'm now stumbling around with a Bencher paddle, the first of the line that's of the "fall apart" design, and thus I have to be careful about how I handle it, which distracts me from training myself to use "thumb for dashes, finger for dits", and my brain isn't as young as it used to be to do multitasking. Thus the question - does the Elecraft/Bencher Hexkey actually perform better than "the original", and thus make the price worth adding to my gear? I'd really like to have more versatility in sending, not worrying about knocking the contact points off their mounts, which are conical points for hinges, and the darn things are an annoyance to have to remount. Any input will be appreciated, many hours to go before I can become fluent with my old favorite CW again, having been too lazy to get away from voice until now!

Tnx, 73's
Gil WA5YKK