I send backwards.  When I built my first keyer, I had it in my head that
the thumb (thick, heavy) was used to send dashes.  As soon as my Heath
keyer was done I discovered my mistake in logic but it was too late.  I
had already begun to train my brain by sending "air morse" and the thumb
was tied to dashes.

My solution was very simple.  I send left handed using a right-handed
paddle.  If I operate someone else's station, I just slide the bug to
the left and away we go, no rewiring or changing menu settings.  It also
allows me to keep the pen in the right hand for logging & such.

I've since learned to send with a bug which I do right handed.  That
way, my bug technique and my paddle technique don't get confused in the
same hand.

- Keith N1AS -
- K2 5411.ssb.100 -