RUSTY Florida area?

I'm surprised to hear about corrosive salty-air
regions in Florida.  Just never heard of it?
Our son lives on big island of Hawaii - near
Hilo.  The salt water air type of corrosion, on
things like bicycles, etc. - is notorious in Hawaii.
Things there - not protected, don't last so long.

Islands of Hawaii - are in the trade winds region
of the Pacific - and I guess get their daily dose
of salty air, naturally.  I'm not sure this is
the case on either coast of Florida.  I'm probably
wrong tho.  The big island, above city of Hilo -
gets a daily dose of natural rain, like 2 pm
every afternoon.  Perhaps the rain there, has
some salinity.

For some reason I've not heard this about Florida.

We live 8 miles from the Gulf Coast of mid-western
Florida.  I can't say I see anything around our home,
or in my garage, etc. - that has any appearance
of salt corrosion.  Cars look exceptional - easy
to keep clean.  No visible corrosion on anything
we have?  No rust on tools, etc.

I wonder what the salinity is of the Florida
Atlantic ocean, vs the Hawaiian Pacific ocean
and the trade winds?

Fred,
N3CSY